The Shrine of St. Therese is a place of pilgrimage for the Catholic faithful and other Christian believers to renew their commitment to Christ by meditating on the example of St. Therese of Lisieux.
The Shrine is a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Juneau, the Shrine operates its facilities as a place for religious and spiritual retreats and family gatherings. The Shrine is a place of breathtaking natural beauty, and we want all people to enjoy this gift of God. Visitors and rental guests are asked to be respectful of the sacred environment and our facilities.
- The renter must be at least 21 years old.
- Guests under the age of 21 must be chaperoned by an adult family member.
- Underage drinking is not allowed under any circumstances, even for family gatherings.
- Pets are not allowed in any building on Shrine property.
- The deposit is due within 2 weeks of rental confirmation.
- The Shrine cabins are operated like a hostel, therefore the renter is responsible for cleaning the cabin. Cleaning products, vacuum, broom, etc are provided, and it is expected that the renter will leave the cabin as clean as it was on arrival.
- Furniture is not to be moved without the express permission of the Caretaker.
- Do not take food upstairs in the Lodge, Jubilee, or Post Office cabins. No food is allowed in the Chapel.
- Cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks before check-in date for the deposit to be refunded.
Additional Summer Guidelines (May 1-August 31)
Two night minimum reservation is required.
Early check-in and late checkout is not allowed during the summer months.
Shrine Grounds & Parking
- Park in the parking lot closest to your cabin. Access to the lower level (near the Lodge) is reserved for handicap, authorized, and permit parking. Unloading/loading is allowed for the Post Office and Lodge. When completed move your vehicle to the parking lot.
- The Shrine resides in bear country. Do not leave any food and/or garbage outside.
- Do not feed any animals.
- The Shrine causeway is limited to foot traffic only. A wheelchair is available for guests needing assistance.
- Firearms and fireworks are not permitted on Shrine property.
Willful disregard of our policies may result in your party being asked to leave the property, being barred from renting the facilities in the future, and in extreme cases the police will be called to intervene.